Facing to the azure waters of endless Arabian Sea, Payyambalam beach is situated in Kannur district of Gods own Country Kerala and is placed at an expanse of 2 km from Kannur town. The beautiful stretch of silvery sands and surf in this beach attracts maximum numbers of people from varied parts of India and other foreign countries who come here to have a laid back holiday. Along with holiday makers it is also a shooting location for many of the South Indian movies. The main thing for a herd of tourists in this place is due to the accessibility and cleanliness which are well maintained and well protected by concerned authorities.
Enriched with verdant surroundings on one side and bluish water of Arabian Sea on the other side makes it one of the most visited and beautiful beach of Kerala. For experiencing true peace of body, mind and soul, this beach is superior where you could also indulge in diverse activities to rejuvenate and invigorate yourself. If you want to spend a lonely time alone or with your loving partner it will fetch you with lots of memories which could take you truly to paradise and real flavour of Kerala.
Beach Garden: Home to the enormous statue of mother and child by popular sculptor Kanayi Kunhiraman along with the monuments of the honored Communist leader Shri A.K. Gopalan and famed journalist Swadeshabhimani Ramakrishna Pillai, this charming and captivating beach garden attracts large number of local residents who come here to spend their weekends. From young to old almost every type of people comes to relish here.
Places of Attractions:
- Parassinikadavu Sri Muthappan Temple
- St. Angelo Fort which was constructed in 16th century by the Portuguese is now a museum of history and remains open for guests from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Ezhimala is an isolated cluster of hills nearby which bears proof to the 11th century Chela Chola war.
- Moppila Bay nearby is a famed fishing harbor and is popular for the wall that separates the sea and the inland water.
- Beach fest displaying folk arts and folk music like Theyyam.